13/07/2015

Ted


OK, so right away I liked the Patrick Stewart voice over in the opening scene (favourite bald actor - I'm looking at you, TNG). In fact, I liked the whole opening back in time bit, and when it was blown apart by the present day Ted: smoking weed, watching Sponge Bob and talking about how terrible Boston women are, I was rubbing my hands together in glee.
      
                 
It stinks of Seth Macfarlane, which isn't really a bad thing, but it does stop me taking this movie particularly seriously, which, if you've seen it, I think you'd agree is fair enough. Ted sounds a lot like Peter Griffin, Mila Kunis is the guy's girlfriend, and I swear some of the jokes have been lifted directly from 'Family Guy'.
But who cares? Me, I guess. At least a little. But the movie was properly funny all the way through, as it hit all the same old scenes. The ending got pretty bad, you can see where the plot is going a mile away, and the characters are all pretty basic and dumb, but I do enjoy it. I enjoy all the obscure references, I enjoy the ridiculously low-brow comedy. I especially enjoyed seeing the one and only Sam Jones (FLASH GORDON!!!) There isn't much else to say about 'Ted', so I think I'll wrap it up here, but it was enjoyably stupid, and verging on stupidly enjoyable.

Ted: 47.3